Guidance & Student Support
The purpose of the Guidance Program is to assist students with their academic planning so they can take full advantage of a range of options upon graduation from high school. FUHSD’s Guidance Teams at each site generally include Certificated Guidance Counselors, College and Career Advisors and Administrators. These team members are often the first point of contact for students and families seeking information about FUHSD’s high schools. The majority of guidance services are delivered through group presentations in the classroom or in evening presentations for students and their families. Guidance presentations occur throughout the year at each site with topics that include choosing a college and career, financial aid and course selection. The Guidance team is available to students and their families for individual appointments for support with:
- College to career planning (including a 4-year plan toward graduation);
- Facilitating positive, collaborative relationships with peers and teachers;
- Navigating the high school experience (including time management, involvement in extracurricular activities, self-advocacy, volunteer and internship opportunities); and
- Social emotional wellness.
The College and Career Advisors are the point of contact for college representatives, military recruiters, volunteer and internship opportunities. They also organize our district’s College Fair each fall. College and Career Advisors support Naviance, our district’s college and career planning tool, which provides students with personalized surveys and customized career and college exploration resources.
Students may drop-in during breaks and after school to see a Counselor without an appointment. Oftentimes, there are many students waiting so students have the option to complete an online request and the Counselor will contact the students. Parents/Guardians may also use this form to request an appointment.
*All schedule change requests have to first be requested through the Schedule Change Request Form.
The Guidance Counselors or an Administrator will review your request. If your request requires a conversation, they will reach out to you.
- Step 1: You MUST talk to your teacher in person
- Step 2: Discuss the change with your family
- Step 3: Fill out the " Schedule change request"
- Step 4: Check your email for any updates (Must keep attending class until further notice)
Important Drop Dates
- October 11th – Last day to drop with Nothing
- November 25th – Last day to drop with “W”
- March 13th- Last day to drop with Nothing
- May 8th – Last day to drop with “W”