Communicating with teens - Thu, March 28, 7pm - 8:30pm @ shannon theater
We recommend all parents to attend PTSA sponsored event. Join us for learning some new tricks and tips for dealing with kids who won’t communicate with you! Register here
Mary Eschen is a popular local parenting educator as well as a Life and Parenting Coach. Her entertaining style and energy will put you back in the drivers seat with some new ideas on how to parent. You will walk out of the event with techniques you can put to use right away!
College Planning Road Map – Maximizing Summer, FEB. 7 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m @ Shannon theater
We recommend all students and parents to attend PTSA sponsored event. Mr. Syrous Parsay will be speaking in depth about a topic that was briefly discussed in his recent Roadmap to College Application presentation.
Focus of this talk will be on steps that can be taken this summer to better prepare for college, including:
how to develop a summer plan
internships / jobs / volunteer work
sample internship resource list
academics (summer school, sat, act, etc.)
college application prep work / essays
Come join us for this informative lecture. Register at Eventbrite.
Roadmap to College Speaker Series (Session #1), Nov. 15 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
We recommend all students (especially Freshman, Sophomores and Juniors) and parents to attend PTSA sponsored event to help students navigate through college application process. Come join us for this informative lecture. Register at Eventbrite.
Participate in the 2018-2019 National PTA Reflections Awards!
It's easy to participate:
1. Reflect on this year's theme: Heroes Around Me.
2. Create an original work inspired by the theme.
3. Celebrate your achievements and win prizes!
Title and Artist Statement
Judges will consider your title and artist statement to learn more about your original work and creative interpretation of the theme. Give your work a title that stands out and describehow your work relates to your own personal interpretation of the theme.
Use these guiding questions to help you write an artist statement:
- How does your work relate to the theme?
- What is your personal connection to the theme?
- What did you use to create your work (e.g., supplies, technology, instrumentation, props, etc.)
- What/who was your inspiration?
Judges look for personal interpretations onthe program theme that best exemplify creativity and technical skill.
- Interpretation: How closely the piece relates to the theme, based on the work itself and the artist statement.
- Creativity: How creative and original the piece is in its conception of the theme and its presentation.
- Technique: The level of skill demonstrated in the basic principles/techniques of the arts area.
Scholarships and Prizes
National level awards include the following:
- Merit Award: Bronze Medal; Certificate of Merit; Work featured in the traveling exhibition.
- Award of Excellence: $200 Young Artist Scholarship; Silver Medal; Certificate of Excellence; Work featured in the traveling exhibition.
- Outstanding Interpretation Award: An expense-paid trip for awardee and chaperone to showcase work on stage at the National PTA Awards and Reflections Celebration; $800 Young Artist Scholarship; Gold Medal; Certificate of Outstanding Interpretation; Work featured in the traveling exhibition; $200 Prize for Local PTA Unit.
- Dance Choreography
- Film Production
- Music Composition
- Visual Arts
The due date for all submissions is Oct. 15, 2018. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
WELCOME TO THE FREMONT HIGH SCHOOL PARENT-TEACHER-STUDENT ASSOCIATION (PTSA)
The PTSA plays an important and collaborative role at Fremont High School. It helps fund and supports many programs at FHS that benefit our students, staff and parents throughout the year. As a member, you will receive updates via email about events and volunteer opportunities. Membership gives you the privilege to vote on the budget and other important issues that can directly impact your student at FHS.
Get Involved, Be Informed, Be Connected & JOIN the PTSA!
You can join the PTSA at any time.
Need help? Contact us: email@example.com
The best way to hear about activities and see how you can help our school is to attend one of our meetings. See our meeting schedule below.
The Executive Board meets monthly and all parents, students andstaff are welcome to attend. Three times each year we will hold a General Association meeting. Again, all parents, students andstaff are welcome to attend. These three meetings are scheduled for Thursday evenings.
Where did your money go in 2017-18?
- SAT prep, Parent and teen education (driving, career college prep), Common ground, FHS Sol, Students for Success, Friends of Library, Baccalaureate, Senior scholarships, TGIF, Reflections and more.
Art, Science and Other Requests
- Calculators, Fiction Books, AP Bio kits, Art Supplies, Grants for Dance Team, Special Education Department and the Phoenix newspaper
Fremont High PTSA is a tax-exempt nonprofit organization as described in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. This exemption applies to all the California State PTA’s constituent organizations. IRS EIN: 94-2852575
- President: Aparna Bhargava
- Secretary: Vandana Saha
- Treasurer: Swati Karve
- Auditor: Liz Hussey-Slaten
- Membership (1st VP): Ruhua You
- Parliamentarian: Anitha Wadher
- Hospitality: Kavita Sathe and Suvarna Gadgil
- Communications: Mali Shchory
- Corporate Matching: Meena Juttukonda
- Reflections: Samu Suryanarayan
Sign up for eScrip!
- Click on Sign Up on www.escrip.com.
- Enter the Fremont High School Group(s) that you wish to support. Group ID#s are listed below.
- Register any one or all of your existing grocery loyalty (Fresh and Easy), debit and credit cards for use in the program.
- Participating merchants (Lunardi's, Draeger's, Black Angus, Bombay to Goa, Roberto's Cantina, and Amazon.com, for example) will make contributions to your chosen group(s), based on purchases made by you, just by using the cards you registered. (Safeway no longer participates in this program.)
- No cost to you!
- Anyone can sign up. Ask your family, friends and neighbors.
Fremont High School Athletic Boosters
Fremont High School Band Boosters
Fremont High School Featherettes
Fremont High School Grad Night
Fremont High School PTSA
¡Apoye a Fremont High School!
*** Toma únicamente 5 minutes ***
¡Inscríbase a eScrip!
- Vaya a www.escrip.com
- Haga clic en Sign Up – It’s Free
- Entre el ID del Grupo (listado abajo) que usted quiere apoyar.
- Inscríbase cualquier o todas las tarjetas de debito y crédito que usted use en el programa.
- Los negocios participantes (Lunardi's, Draeger's, Black Angus, Bombay to Goa, Roberto's Cantina, and Amazon.com, por ejemplo) harán contribuciones al(los) grupo(s) que usted elija, basado en las compras que usted haga, solo usando las tarjetas que usted inscribió.(Safeway ya no participa en el programa.)
- ¡Ningún costo para usted!
- Cualquier persona puede inscribirse. Pregúntele a su familia, amigos, vecinos.
ID# del Grupo
Nombre del Grupo
Fremont High School Featherettes
¡Usted Compra… Su Grupo recibe $
¡Es Gratis! ¡Es Fácil ¡Es Poderoso!
Fremont High PTSA meets in general session three times per year. This is an opportunity to share news & information, and for members to approve PTSA activities and spending. All parents, students and staff are encouraged to attend.
PTSA General Association Meetings
- September 27, 2018 - General Meeting of PTSA - 7 p.m. - 8 p.m. - Library
- November 15, 2018 - General Meeting of the PTSA – Road Map to College (Session 1)- 6:30pm-8:30pm - Shannon Theatre
- February 7, 2019 - General Meeting of PTSA & Speaker Presentation – 6:15 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. - Shannon Theatre
- Thursday, March 28 - Speaker Presentation (Fair Oaks Room 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.)
- May 16, 2019 - General Meeting of PTSA - 7 p.m. - 8 p.m. – Fair Oaks Room
In addition, the PTSA Executive Board meets monthly to handle ongoing operations. Anyone who is interested in getting more involved with PTSA is welcome to attend. Join us and share your thoughts! Exec meetings are from 7:00pm-8:00pm in the Birdlands Conference Room (located in the new A building), except for those which precede general association meetings (alternate times and locations noted below).
PTSA Exec Board Meetings
- Thursday, August 16
- Thursday, September 27 (Library 6:30 p.m. - 7 p.m.)
- Monday, October 15
- Thursday, December 13
- Thursday, January 24
- Thursday, February 7th (Shannon Theatre 6:15 p.m. – 6:30p.m.)
- Thursday, March 28 (Fair Oaks Room 6:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.)
- Thursday, April 25
- Thursday, May 16 (Fair Oaks Room 6:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.)
- Thursday, June 13
We would love to have more members join us at our meetings to share your ideas and also get to meet and discuss school issues with the principal. Please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further questions about PTSA or our meetings.