School Site Council
The FHS School Site Council (SSC) is a forum for teachers, administrators, students, and parents to discuss and resolve issues of importance to the Fremont High School community. As part of their charter, they also develop an annual school plan which includes:
- Curricula, instructional strategies and materials responsive to the individual needs and learning styles of each pupil.
- Instructional and auxiliary services to meet the special needs of non-English-speaking or limited-English-speaking pupils, including instruction in a language these pupils understand; educationally disadvantaged pupils; gifted and talented pupils; and pupils with exceptional needs.
- A staff development program for teachers, other school personnel, paraprofessionals, and volunteers, including those participating in special programs.
- Ongoing evaluation of the educational program of the school.
- Other activities and objectives as established by the council.
The School Site Council annually reviews the school plan, establishes a new School Improvement Program budget, and if necessary, makes other modifications in the plan to reflect changing needs and priorities of our school.